Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome to Blogging

My name is Jessie and I have never had a blog before, so please be kind. I like writing and think I have a knack for it so thought I'd start a blog to get myself motivated to write. Okay, now I want to explain the name of my blog. I just graduated college, but am currently working a minimum wage job--there's the obvious connection. I also want to use this blog to explore going beyond the bare minimum and in my mind the bare minimum is following the status quo. One topic I am particularly interested in is animal rights. The status quo tells us to eat meat and dairy and never question it. The status quo also tells us to choose a career, to know what we're going to do with our lives. I'm still searching and refuse to just pick a career as if it was like choosing a name from a hat. So I plan to post on all of the above and whatever else interests me. I will post something new (and hopefully a bit longer) by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment